In need of a good evening with panoramic 360 views and the best food and drink you could possibly get?
Frank’s Cafe at Bold Tendencies in Peckham, London, has been named the best rooftop bar in the whole of Europe.
The relaxed venue, situated on top of a multi-storey car park, took the crown in a top 50 list curated by Big 7 Travel.
Aggregated from scores given by social media users and the thoughts of the travel site’s editorial team, the ranking lists cities across Europe with bars you need to visit on your next trip abroad.
Coming in eighth position is Patchwork at Sa Punta in Ibiza, Spain.
This rooftop bar is a short walk from Ibiza Town and is described by Big 7 Travel as a ‘Lebanese bar and restaurant in a colourful setting beside the sea’.
Latest London news
- Stormzy performs ‘biblical’ All Points East headline set in pouring rain
- Hunt for man ‘who tampered with ULEZ camera’ in crackdown against ‘Blade Runners’
- What’s on in London this week: Cocktail festivals and World Cup viewing parties
To get the latest news from the capital visit Metro.co.uk’s visit Metro’s London news hub.
The ‘ultra-chic’ venue includes vibrant handmade decor, sunset views and delicious cocktails – sip on a tasty lychee martini and enjoy ‘a festive night fuelled by the DJ’ while you’re there.
If you’re looking to wine and dine along the famous Bosphorus, you need to try 16 Roof in Istanbul, Turkey, which came 6th out of 50.
Enjoy a selection of local wine and take in the panoramic views of the Strait, which marks the boundary between Europe and Asia.
According to the travel site, there’s always a ‘good vibe and its a very much bustling place on the weekends with live DJs and plenty of dancing.’
Looking for something out of a fairy tale? Schweizerhof Films in Switzerland, which grabbed fourth place is one for the bucket list.
Offering ‘dazzling Wes Anderson-style views’ over Swiss Mountains, this tiny yet mighty terrace bar is set atop the iconic Schweizerhof Films Romantik Hotel & Spa.
Visitors can enjoy ‘rooftop cinema nights under the starry sky’ paired with a crisp glass of Champagne.
The top three includes a magical yet ultra slick bar in Reykjavik, Iceland – The Roof.
This iconic bar lies on the seventh floor of the Reykjavik Edition hotel in the Icelandic capital’s old harbour area.
Big 7 Travel described the bar is ‘billed as the best place in the capital to enjoy long summer nights, as well as the magical Northern Lights’.
It offers ‘360-degree views over mountains and the ocean’ and boasts ‘an eye-popping wrap-around terrace with slick decor’.
According to the travel site, the bar has a ‘carefully curated menu’ that supports sustainable farming, and recommends sipping on a sake spritz while you’re there.
But none of these could beat the London winner.
According to the travel site, you can enjoy ‘excellent, seasonal food’ at Frank’s Cafe and a wide range of drinks at decent prices – a rarity in the city.
However, plan your next weekend brunch there soon, as this gorgeous spot is only open during the summer months.
The 50 best bars in Europe – from Switzerland to Spain
1. Frank’s Cafe at Bold Tendencies, London, England
2. Azotea del Circulo, Madrid, Spain
3. The Roof at the Reykjavik Edition, Reykjavik, Iceland
4. Schweizerhof Flims, Flims, Switzerland
5. Oroya, Madrid, Spain
6. 16 Roof, Istanbul, Turkey
7. Sky Bar by Seen, Lisbon, Portugal
8. Patchwork at Sa Punta, Ibiza, Spain
9. Skyline Bar 20up, Hamburg, Germany
10. Mama Shelter, Bordeaux, France
11. Hotel Croce di Malta, Florence, Italy
12. Salling Rooftop and the Roof Garden, Aarhus, Denmark
13. A for Athens, Athens, Greece
14. Play Label Rooftop, Brussels, Belgium
15. Mas Rooftop Bar, Helsinki, Finland
16. TakeT, Gothenburg, Sweden
17. Seven Restaurant, Sicily, Italy
18. Restaurant Silo, Copenhagon, Denmark
19. Herbarijs, Riga, Latvia
20. Sercotel Rosellon, Barcelona, Spain
21. 20 Stories, Manchester, England
22. The Culpeper, London, England
23. Terraza Danieli, Venice, Italy
24. Sophie’s, Dublin, Ireland
25. Klunkerkranich Rooftop, Berlin, Germany
26. Terrazza Borromini, Rome, Italy
27. Forza Wine, London, England
28. La Muna, Zurich, Switzerland
29. MH5, Munich, Germany
30. Park Bar, Lisbon, Portugal
31. Terraza Hotel Dona Maria, Seville, Spain
32. Das Loft Bar & Lounge, Vienna, Austria
33. Stockholm Under Stjarnorna, Stockholm, Sweden
34. Mikla, Istanbul, Turkey
35. Sky Bar at Hotel Almudaina, Mallorca, Spain
36. Aurora, Vienna, Austria
37. Fishing the Roof, Florence, Italy
38. Liebling, Hidden Rooftop Bar, Budapest, Hungary
39. Cold Town House, Edinburgh, Scotland
40. Kranen Bar at the Munch Rooftop Bar, Oslo, Norway
41. Matou, Liverpool, England
42. Hugo’s Terrace, St Julian’s, Malta
43. High Note Sky Bar, Budapest, Hungary
44. Floor17, Amsterdam, Netherlands
45. Illum Rooftop, Copenhagen, Denmark
46. Aloha Bar, Rotterdam, Netherlands
47. Skybar, Vilnius, Lithuania
48. Lift, Tirana, Albania
49. Level 27, Warsaw, Poland
50. Terraza Tamaran, Gran Canari
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected].
Source: Read Full Article