Jamie Oliver makes Tomato Leek Pasta Bake
Jamie Oliver has shared his secret pasta bake topping, and it is guaranteed to give the family favourite dish an extra layer of deliciousness.
The creative twist elevates the simple recipe by adding an element of crunch while packing a handful of seasonal vegetables for nutrients.
Jamie demonstrated the recipe in a clip on his YouTube channel, where he received numerous comments confirming the dish is a hit with children.
“I’m going to show you how to make the most delicious, straightforward pasta bake,” the cook declared in a clip recently posted to his channel.
The dish is a comforting amalgamation of sweet leeks, tomatoes, basil, and parmesan, and a unique garnish: garlicky crumb.
The secret component of the dish lies in the topping, however, which the British cook likes to describe as “the most amazing breadcrumb”.
“When it comes to family favourites, it’s pretty hard to beat a good pasta bake,” he notes. “Especially when it has a deliciously crunchy garlic breadcrumb topping!”
Fans confirmed this in the comments. One exclaimed: “Simple ingredients, easy to make, delicious,” while another quipped: “Love the garlic bread hacks!! Jamie [is] simply the best!”
½ x 170g loaf of garlic bread
Two cloves of garlic
One bunch of fresh basil (30g)
Two teaspoons of dried oregano
Three x 400g tins of plum tomatoes
500g dried pasta, such as orecchiette, conchiglie or gemelli
50g Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
Eight cubes of fresh spinach.
- Advert-free experience without interruptions.
- Rocket-fast speedy loading pages.
- Exclusive & Unlimited access to all our content.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for eight minutes, drain, and put aside a mugful of the starchy cooking water.
7. Tip the sauce into a blender with most of the basil leaves and whiz until smooth, then season to perfect. Return the sauce to the casserole pan, and stir through the cooked pasta, loosening it with the reserved cooking water if needs be.
8. Finely grate over the cheese, then nestle the frozen spinach into the paste. Sprinkle over the garlic breadcrumbs and bake for 20 minutes, until the crumbs are golden, the pasta is tender and the sauce is bubbling.
9. When it’s cooked, let it sit for a couple of minutes then sprinkle over the reserved basil leaves and finish with a final grating of Parmesan. Delicious served with a crisp green salad.
Get all the latest news, entertainment, sport and lifestyle updates from our dedicated American team.
Follow Daily Express US on Facebook and Twitter @ExpressUSNews
Source: Read Full Article