Urgent warning as popular kids sweets recalled after child, 7, chokes to death | The Sun

A ROLLING ball sweet has been recalled after a seven-year-old girl died from choking on the candy earlier this year.

The ball dispenses liquid onto the tongue, and there are fears it can become loose and get lodged in a child's throat.

Cocco Candy and KGR Distribution recalled three flavours of Cocco Candy Rolling Candy sold in the UK, including Strawberry, Tutti Frutti and Cola sweets – all in a 30ml size.

"There is a possibility that the rolling ball may detach, which could cause a choking hazard," the Food Standards Agency (FSA) explained.

“If you have bought any of the above products, do not eat them", it added.

Instead, they should be returned for a full refund at at [email protected] or online at www.kgrcandies.com.

Read more on food recalls


Halloween warning to parents as popular sweet recalled over choking fears


Sainsbury's recalls popular snack over fears it could trigger meningitis

The FSA, which issued the alert, recalls food considered unsafe for human consumption.

The products have already been recalled in the US.

In a release sent to customers in October, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), said: “CPSC has received one report of a seven-year-old girl who choked and died after the candy’s rolling ball dislodged and became trapped in her throat in New York in April 2023."

Several popular 'Toxic Waste' sweets have also been recalled over similar choking fears.

Most read in Health


‘King Kong’ of fat jabs gets NHS green light after turbocharging weight loss


The subtle sign of mouth cancer you can hear – and 3 other red flag symptoms


I nearly died twice – then David Beckham’s incredible gesture saved my life


I held my baby and realised she might die – mums need to trust their gut

Candy Dynamics, which manufactures the Toxic Waste Slime Lickers has recalled different batches of the sweet last week, including flavours blue razz, strawberry, black cherry and sour apple.

What to do if your child chokes

It’s a parent's worst nightmare to imagine their child is choking.

The NHS says if you can see an object lodged in your child’s mouth, take care to remove it because blindly poking at it could make things worse.

If the child is coughing, encourage them to continue as they can bring the object up – don't leave them.

If the coughing isn’t effective (it is silent, or they cannot breathe properly), shout for help immediately.

If the child is still conscious, use back blows. 

First aiders at St John Ambulance give the following advice based on the child’s age.


  1. Slap it out:
  • Lay the baby face down along your thigh and support their head  
  • Give five back blows between their shoulder blades  
  • Turn them over and check their mouth each time  

2. Squeeze it out:

  • Turn the baby over, face upwards, supported along your thigh 
  • Put two fingers in the centre of their chest just below the nipple line; push downwards to give up to five sharp chest thrusts 
  • Check the mouth each time  

3. If the item does not dislodge, call 999 or 112 for emergency help  

  • Take the baby with you to call  
  • Repeat the steps 1 and 2 until help arrives 
  • Start CPR if the baby becomes unresponsive (unconscious)  


1. Cough it out  

  • Encourage the casualty to keep coughing, if they can 

2. Slap it out  

  • Lean them forwards, supporting them with one hand 
  • Give five sharp back blows between the shoulder blades 
  • Check their mouth each time but do not put your fingers in their mouth  

Read More on The Sun

dressing down

Katie Price reveals vile fate of £45,000 bejewelled Peter Andre wedding dress


Facebook users raging as key button stops working and it's 'driving people nuts'

3. Squeeze it out  

  • Stand behind them with your arms around their waist, with one clenched fist between their belly button and the bottom of their chest 
  • Grasp the fist in the other hand and pull sharply inwards and upwards, giving up to five abdominal thrusts 
  • Check their mouth each time  

Source: Read Full Article