We live in a hectic world, and no one can deny it. Working long hours during the weekdays, having tight schedules and being tired may lead to complications when it comes to meal prep and trying to eat healthy without spending too much time in the kitchen. Picture this: waking up at the crack of dawn, getting dressed super quickly and rushing to work. Lunchtime arrives, there is nothing to eat at work and your money eventually goes to buy some junk food. Sounds familiar?
What about getting home late, tired and having to order food from some random restaurant to eat? Well, if this does ring a bell, keep on reading for helpful tips!
Eat healthy, not wealthy
People tend to believe that in order to eat healthy and delicious dinners, or to bring some nice food to work, one has to spend way too much time in the kitchen and, surprise! most don’t have time to do that. Take-out or fast food restaurants seem to be the best answer there is… However, this scenario can be improved easily: meals can be made in one minute and they won’t necessarily be boring or tasteless.
Is it possible to make delicious meals in just a few minutes?
Well, of course it is!
Microwave ovens are our best friends when it comes to having no time to cook and trying to eat more delicious and healthier meals. The convenience of these little electric ovens is incredible. Imagine making a nice, quick meal to take to work, leaving some leftovers for dinner and being able to reheat them quickly when you are too tired to cook, wouldn’t it be amazing? They can even be preloaded with many different cooking programs that will allow you to choose whatever it is that you wish to cook: just set a timer, go do your thing, and come back to eat a ready-made meal!
All you have to do to avoid so many take-outs and unhealthy meals, just because you don’t have time to cook, are clever ideas. What we mean by these ideas is to have a few ingredients in mind, the healthier the better, and count with some kitchen appliances that will serve your purposes, like a microwave oven. Do you have rice in your pantry? Some eggs on the counter? Well, then you are ready to make this quick fried egg on rice by Minute® Rice that will not only save you time but also allow you to cook a nice and delicious meal at home, which will also be great to take to work!
- Leftover rice.
- ½ An avocado per person.
- 1 Egg per person.
- 2 Tablespoons of cream cheese.
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard.
- Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Salt and pepper.
- Vegetable oil/coconut oil.
- Red pepper flakes.
- Preheat your leftover rice in the microwave for about a minute with a little bit of vegetable oil or coconut oil, salt and pepper. After that minute has passed, leave the rice in the microwave.
- Preheat your pan with vegetable oil. Once it’s hot enough, turn down the heat, crack an egg per person and place a lid on top of it (extra tip: the sizzling of the oil will let you know when to lift the lid to check on your egg).
- While your eggs are cooking, mix the Dijon mustard and cream cheese together with the rice. Pop them into the microwave again for about three to five minutes.
- While this is being preheated, put some salt, pepper and red pepper flakes into your fried eggs.
- Take the rice out of the microwave, stir it a little bit, and serve one serving per person in a nice bowl.
- With caution, place an egg over the rice for each bowl that you’ve prepared. Drizzle some parmesan cheese on top to give it the final touch.
Make sure to make an extra serving to take to work the next day and voilá! You won’t have to order take-out, you won’t be spending extra money and you won’t be eating anything unhealthy.
And what’s best, you’ve spent less than 10 minutes making a tasty and delicious meal!