Russell Brand's father has taken to Facebook to defend his son, as he continues to face allegations of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse.
The allegations were brought to light in the joint investigation by The Times, The Sunday Times and Channel 4, and aired on TV in a harrowing episode of Channel 4's Dispatches
The comedian and actor, 48, has denied the claims, and now his father, Ron Brand, has defended him from these accusations, posting a furious rant on his Facebook account.
Ron has claimed that the BBC, and other media outlets, are pursuing a "vendetta" against his son, by spreading these "unproven allegations."
According to the Daily Mail, the 80-year-old wrote: "Is this seriously the most important thing happening in this world? Immigrants? Cost of living? 10s of thousands killed in Ukraine? Who is prioritising at BBC News. Who is really driving this vendetta?"
He then added: "With many struggling to pay bills. The unproven accusations of 15 years ago take lead on BBC News."
And in a second post, he said: "The Russell Brand Vendetta. Like a man who owns an orchard being accused of Stealing an Apple?"
In his book My Booky Wook, Russell previously credited his father with kick-starting his "rapacious" sex life, after he paid a sex worker to take Russell's virginity during a trip to Hong Kong.
Recalling the holiday in the book, Russell wrote: "During the rest of that holiday I f****d loads more prostitutes and never wore a condom… it had hardened me… my sexuality had morphed for ever from bewildered innocence into something more complex and rapacious."
Before the Channel 4 documentary aired, Russell shared a YouTube video in which he denied the "serious criminal allegations" and claimed that all his relationships "were consensual."
He said: "I’ve received two extremely disturbing letters – well a letter and an email – one from a mainstream media TV company, one from a newspaper listing a litany of extremely egregious and aggressive attacks – as well as some pretty stupid stuff…”
Later in the nearly 3-minute video, he said: “Amidst this litany of astonishing, rather baroque attacks are some very serious allegations that I absolutely refute.
"These allegations pertain to the time when I was working in the mainstream, when I was in the newspapers all the time, when I was in the movies.
"As I’ve written about extensively in my books, I was very very promiscuous. During that time of promiscuity the relationships I had were absolutely always consensual."
"I was always transparent about that then, almost too transparent, and I’m being transparent about it now, as well.
"And to see the transparency metastasized into something criminal, that I absolutely deny, makes me think, ‘Is there another agenda at play?'"
Source: Read Full Article