THE May bank holiday weekend is set to be a scorcher with temperatures up to 25C by the end of the month.
With UK holidays and day trips currently able to go ahead, families can lock in a last-minute break now.
This article contains affiliate links and if you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue
The current lockdown rules allow holidays to self-catered properties, such as holiday parks and campsites, for single-households.
Day trips can also go ahead with outdoor attractions such as theme parks and zoos able to reopen.
With staycation demand booming this summer, resulting in soaring prices and a lack of availability, many Brits are likely to be left disappointed.
Thankfully, there are still some deals you can find for when the weather picks up, from just £143.
We've rounded up the best deals for the first May bank holiday weekend, running from May 1 to May 3.
- Three-night Haven holidays from £219 – find here
- Three-night Park Holidays breaks for Essex, Suffolk, Devon, Kent, Sussex from £174 – find here
- Three-night John Fowler breaks for Devon, Cornwall and Somerset from £143 – find here
- Three-night breaks with Holiday Cottages from £299 – find here
- Three-night hot tub breaks with Snaptrip from £386 – find here
- Three-night breaks with Sykes Cottagesfor Dorset, Yorkshire, Kent, Lake District from £299 – find here
- Three-night Shorefield breaks from £329 – find here
- Three-night Away Resorts breaks for Lincolnshire, Isle of Wight and Essex from £243 – find here
- VRBO deals – find here
Temperatures are going to get even hotter, reaching highs of 32C by the end of May – and Brits will also be able to go on group holidays by then, with travel restrictions lifted from May 17.
While trips in England and Wales can currently go ahead, this is only to self-catered properties and for single-households.
From next month, hotels will be able to welcome guests again, while two households – or six people – can go away again together.
The weather will also pick up across the rest of the month – The Weather Outlook forecaster Brian Gaze said: “Computer models show a lot of dry weather now, then warmer spells in late April and into May seeing 25C possible in the South."
We've also rounded up the best holiday deals for the May half-term, which for most schools is set to start on May 31.
If you're looking for more staycation inspiration, we've found the best UK holiday parks with children’s entertainment and the best holiday parks with outdoor pools.
There are also great UK coach trips for families and campsites with availability for summer.
Alternatively, we've found holiday park party weekenders, cheap staycation breaks with hot tubs and treehouse stays.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.
Source: Read Full Article