A SMALL fire broke out at Disney World's Magic Kingdom in Florida last night and one person was injured, according to reports.
A tree caught fire near the Cinderella Castle, which may have been caused by debris from the nightly fireworks display.
Fire officials told WESH 2 that aperson was treated at the scene for minor injuries, after inhaling chemicals from a fire extinguisher.
It was reported by wdwnt.com that the person who was injured was a security guard, with firefighters called at 6.45pm local time.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, the fire was started on a junction box outside Cinderella Castle which then spread to a tree nearby.
The Cinderella Castle and surrounding areas were evacuated as firefighters extinguished the blaze.
The Reedy Creek Professional Firefighters were in attendance and tweeted after the event.
"Tonight Reedy Creek Firefighters quickly responded to an incident at the Magic Kingdom.
Most read in News Travel
Red list scrapped TODAY but travel Covid tests for all arrivals stay until January
Where is Lapland UK? Tickets, prices and opening dates explained
Portugal holiday warning as Brits fined for incorrect Covid tests
Which destinations are banned from travel and when will it be scrapped?
"Fire was quickly extinguished by the units on scene. No major damage reported. Thank you for crews on shift for their professionalism."
Sun Online Travel has contacted Disney for a comment.
If you're interested in other Disney theme park stories, see inside the Disney World ride that was so terrifying it closed down.
Source: Read Full Article