With the big day looming, here are the key dates to keep in mind to ensure your festive post makes it to the right place at the right time.
What are UK's last Christmas posting dates for letters and parcels?
If you’re sending post – letters or packages – to loved ones within the UK, then here are the last dates to get those 1st class stamps on.
- Tuesday, December 18: 2nd Class and Royal Mail Signed For 2nd® Class
- Thursday, December 20: 1st Class, Royal Mail Signed For® 1st Class and Royal Mail Tracked 48®
- Friday, December 21: Royal Mail Tracked 24®
- Saturday, December 22: Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®
Postal dates for well-known couriers:
The deadlines for couriers vary form one to the other, but here are dates for some of the most popular ones:
- Parcel2Go: You'll be able to send parcels at your nearest drop off point up until 22 December this year with Parcel2Go.
- TNT: The last recommended date is Friday 21 for delivery by Christmas Eve on Monday for TNT.
- Collect+: For economy, the last sending date for Christmas is 17 December. For the standard delivery, the last sending date for Christmas is 19 December
- DHL: DHL has announced its last UK date as 21 December this year for UK deliveries.
- Hermes: Every UK parcel entering the Hermes network by 18 December will have a least one delivery attempt made – otherwise Hermes will refund the delivery charge.
What were the last days to send post internationally?
Royal Mail International Standard (airmail) and International tracking signature services were available until December 18, 2018. Here was the full list of dates to look out for:
- Tuesday, December 4: Africa, Middle East
- Friday, December 7: Cyprus, Malta, Asia, Far East, Eastern Europe (except Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia)
- Saturday, December 8: Caribbean, Central and South America
- Monday, December 10: Greece, Turkey, Australia, New Zealand
- Friday, December 14: Canada, Czech Republic, Italy, Poland and USA
- Saturday, December 15: Finland, Sweden
- Monday, December 17: Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland
- Tuesday, December 18: Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg
If you want to send post overseas via Royal Mail International Economy, you’ve sadly missed all the dates.
Source: Read Full Article