My ex-wife has abducted my kids and taken them out of the country

DEAR DEIDRE: MY ex-wife has kidnapped my children and taken them out of the country.

I am 43 and she is 39. The children, both girls, are nine and seven.

For more advice from Dear Deidre

No issue is too small, too large or too embarrassing. Read our personal replies here.

  • Dear Deidre on Mental Health
  • Dear Deidre on Identity  
  • Dear Deidre on Debt and Money 
  • Dear Deidre on Work
  • Dear Deidre on Health and Wellbeing 
  • Dear Deidre on Addiction

We split up acrimoniously four years ago. The girls live with my ex but stay with me on alternate weekends and during the school holidays.

Last weekend, I went to pick them up as usual but nobody answered the front door and my ex-wife didn’t respond to my texts.

Later, her father sent me a message saying they were all on holiday in Spain with her father’s new girlfriend – who I didn’t know existed.

He said they would be back in a couple of weeks.

I didn’t give my ex-wife permission to take the girls away. I’m absolutely furious and worried about who they’re with.

She agreed at mediation that if she ever wanted to take them out of the UK, she would give me full details of locations, tickets and so on first.

Get in touch with Deidre

Every problem gets a personal reply, usually within 24 hours weekdays.

Send an email to [email protected]

You can also send a private message on the DearDeidreOfficial Facebook page.

But when I try to call my ex, the phone goes straight to voicemail and she doesn’t call back.

I wonder if I should contact the authorities, as this is technically abduction.

Most read in Dear Deidre


Should my wife give me a hall pass as I've never slept with anyone but her?


I feel like my boyfriend's holding me back – is it time to move on?


Our sex life was great, but now my partner can't climax


My wife's a massive gossip and it's driving me insane

DEIDRE SAYS: Your ex-wife has no right to take your kids abroad without your knowledge.

Not only has she broken your legal agreement, she has also been cruel and selfish.

It would be wise to take legal advice. Contact for details of your local office.

And get back in touch with the solicitor who drew up your divorce agreement.

You might also find it helpful to talk to Families Need Fathers (, 0300 0300 363).

NEXT IN TODAY'S DEAR DEIDRE My wife piled on weight during her menopause and now she doesn't want sex

READ DEIDRE'S PHOTO CASEBOOK Scarlett’s worried Tilly is making a fool out of her dad

GET IN TOUCH How the page works and how to contact us

    Source: Read Full Article