MoneySavingExpert.com's Christmas Deals Predictor tells you when shops such as Apple, Argos and Tesco are likely to run discounts based on when they cut prices in previous years.
The consumer group has analysed seven years of festive deals to forecast 2018's offers.
Of course, the tool can't guarantee that retailers will follow the same pattern as previous years, but MoneySavingExpert says its 2017 Deals Predictor got 83 per cent of offers right.
This year, it reckons Apple, for example, is likely to offer a free gift card with purchases during the fourth week of this month.
While Tesco is highly likely to run 25 per cent off six bottles of wine also in the fourth week of November.
What discounts you can expect this Christmas and when
- Apple: Free gift cards expected 4th week of November
- Argos: Money-off next purchase vouchers expected 1st or 2nd week of December
- Baileys: £10 1L Baileys expected in supermarkets in 5th week of November or 1st week of December
- Boots: Half-price Sanctuary Spa 'Star Gift' expected 4th week of November
- Champagne: £9-£10 Champagne expected in supermarkets in 3rd week of November
- eBay: Daily discounts expected 4th week of November
- Tesco: 25 per cent of six bottles of wine expected 4th week of November
But its not just retailers the Deals Predictor analyses, it also lets you in on when you can expect to bag cheap Champagne and Baileys.
It reckons there's a very strong chance supermarkets will start selling bottles of Champagne for £9 to £10 next week.
While a 1L bottle of Baileys is also expected to be slashed to £10 before Christmas.
The tool even covers when you can expect discounts on Megabus coach travel and on train Railcards.
Black Friday offers another opportunity to bag discounts on your Christmas shopping. Keep an eye on our Black Friday 2018 homepage for the latest news and updates.
Morrisons has launched its Black Friday Deals 2018 deals today – these include a magnum of Prosecco for £10 and giant Toblerone for £5.
Fellow supermarket ASDA has also this week launched an alternative Black Friday sale with up to 50 per cent off children's toys.
How to save money on your Christmas shopping
- LOOK FOR DISCOUNTS Visit websites such as Myvouchercodes.co.uk, Vouchercloud, and Vouchercodes.co.uk to look for discounts before buying.
- EARN CASHBACK Before you buy anything, visit cashback websites, such as Quidco and TopCashback, to see if you could earn money for shopping.
- COMPARE Find the cheapest deal buy using websites such as Kelkoo.co.uk and Pricerunner.co.uk.
- SIGN UP Join retailer and deals round-up newsletters. Most retailers will offer exclusive discounts to loyal shoppers.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 78 24516. Don't forget to join the Sun Money's Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Source: Read Full Article