The new pizza is topped with everything you would expect to find in a burger, including gherkins, chopped onions, beef and even lashings of burger sauce.
It's definitely not an authentic Italian pizza, but the Frankenstein-like hybrid meal – which is available from today – could be perfect for people who can't decide if they want a burger or a pizza as a takeaway.
But the drizzle of creamy burger sauce on top may put some people off.
As well as two portions of ground beef – which is the type of minced that beef burgers are made from – the pizza is also topped with slices of tomato and mozzarella cheese on a base of Domino's "vine-ripened tomato" sauce.
The bizarre creation is pricey though at £13.99 for a small, £15.99 for a medium and £17.99 for a large.
The best Domino's deals available right now
- Two for Tuesday: Every Tuesday, you can buy two pizzas for the price of one. You have to order via the Deals page on the Domino's website, click on the deal and then choose your pizzas from there. It only applies to medium or large pizzas, and the second pizza can't be more expensive than the first one you pick. You can collect or have the pizzas delivered.
- 40 per cent off: When you spend £40 or more.
- The Big Night In Deal: It costs £23.99 and you get: any two medium pizzas, garlic pizza bread, potato wedges, cookies and a 1.25ltr bottle of drink. There are also gluten-free options for this deal.
- Even Bigger Night In Deal: It costs £27.99 and you get two large pizzas, garlic pizza bread, potato wedges, cookies and 1.25ltr bottle of drink.
- Pizza Legend: If you create your own pizza using the Pizza Legend customiser tool, then you get 30 per cent off.
- The Midweek Mighty Meal Deal: Any Large Pizza, Garlic Pizza Bread, Potato Wedges and two 500ml bottles of Drink for £19.99. Choose a pizza from the menu or create your own with up to 4 toppings. Premium crusts, bases and additional toppings will be charged as extra. Available Monday to Thursday.
- The Chic ‘N’ Pizza Deal: Any Large Pizza for only £11.99 when you buy a seven-piece Chicken side. Choose a pizza from the menu or create your own with up to four toppings. Premium crusts, bases and additional toppings will be charged as extra.
- The Home Alone Deal: Any Small Pizza, Garlic Pizza Bread and 500ml Drink for £12.99. Choose a pizza from the menu or create your own with up to four toppings.
But it will be included in Domino's many special offer deals, such as Two for Tuesday which lets you buy two medium or large pizzas for the price of one.
Make sure you check out the deals section of the Domino's website before ordering to make sure you have bagged the best deal that could slash your bill in half.
The pizza is certainly an indulgent treat and isn't something you should eat everyday as each large slice contains 211 calories – which adds up to 1,688 in a whole large pizza.
The pizza will be available from all 1,042 Domino's stores.
You can find your nearest branch using the chain's online store finder.
Domino's spokesman Ian Straughan said: "Pizza is the most popular food in the world, and the cheeseburger isn’t far behind so this is clearly a match made in heaven."
An investigation by Shop Smart, Save Money on Channel 5 found that Domino's gives customers the most pepperoni pieces per slice of pizza alongside Papa John's.
Meanwhile Papa John's has just launched a pizza topped with OSTRICH meat – would you try it?
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 78 24516. Don't forget to join the Sun Money's Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Source: Read Full Article