Here’s a look at the week ahead on our “Sunday Morning” Calendar:
On Monday, an Andy Warhol exhibit opens at New York’s Whitney Museum.
- “Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again,” November 12, 2018 through March 31, 2019, at the Whitney Museum, New York City | Ticket into
- Exhibition catalogue: “Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again”
- The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts
- The Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh
- Pre-Instagram life: Andy Warhol’s obsessive Polaroid documentation (“CBS This Morning,” 09/11/15)
- Almanac: The attempted murder of Andy Warhol (“Sunday Morning,” 06/03/18)
- Andy Warhol’s shoe thing (CBS News, 02/22/07)
Andy Warhol at MoMA
New York’s Museum of Modern Art opens an exhibition of some of the pop artist’s most iconic works
Tuesday sees the 66th annual BMI Country Awards in Nashville, with songwriter and guitarist Steve Cropper due to received the Icon Award.
- BMI Country Awards: Nashville (November 13)
- Steve Cropper’s Official Site (playitsteve.com)
Guitarist Steve Cropper performs (and gets a shout-out from John Belushi) on the Blues Brothers’ recording of “Soul Man”:
On Wednesday, Prince Charles celebrates his 70th birthday, a milestone for the oldest and longest-serving heir to the throne in British history.
- Prince of Wales (Official site)
- Prince Charles seeks to dispel concerns about his past activism: “I’m not that stupid” (CBS News, 11/08/18)
- Gallery: Prince Charles in Washington, 2011
- Gallery: Prince Charles and Camilla in New Zealand, 2012
- Prince Charles on being relevant (“60 Minutes,” 10/27/05)
The eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and heir to the British throne
Thursday is Steve Irwin Day at the Australia Zoo, honoring the life of the noted “Crocodile Hunter,” who died from a stingray attack in 2006.
- Steve Irwin Day at the Australia Zoo, Beerwah, Queensland
Friday the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Summit opens at the United Nations, supporting women in business worldwide.
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day @ United Nations, New York City (Nov. 16) | Tickets and Info
- Innovating while female: Women entrepreneurs face long odds (CBS Moneywatch, 10/20/17)
- How Airbnb empowers women entrepreneurs (“CBS This Morning,” 03/06/17)
And Saturday brings the 23rd annual American Indian Heritage Celebration at the North Carolina Museum of History in Raleigh.
- 23rd annual American Indian Heritage Celebration, Nov. 17, at the North Carolina Museum of History, Raleigh | Schedule of Events
Source: Read Full Article