Boy dies at Center Parcs ‘while playing at sub-tropical indoor pool’

A young boy has died after "falling ill" while playing at a sub-tropical indoor pool at Center Parcs.

The boy had reportedly been playing with three other children in the pool at the Longleat retreat in Wiltshire before getting into difficulty

According to the resort, the boy was suddenly 'taken ill' and desperate attempts to resuscitate him were in vain and he failed to respond.

Dozens of shocked families were splashing around in the pool 'paradise' when it happened.

Staff made frantic efforts to revive him but the boy – whose age hasn't been revealed – was declared dead.

There was criticism of Center Parcs management for not keeping anxious guests informed about the tragedy.

One eye witness who watched it unfold said "It was reported to us that sadly a child had passed away.

Have you been affected by this story? Email [email protected]

"There had been some very intense resuscitation attempts by staff.

"I have been shocked and surprised that no acknowledgment or information was given by Center Parcs.

"Everyone was very upset and anxious about the pool area.

"Center Parcs did not even acknowledge the event anywhere."

The complex of self-catering villas, pools, shops, a boating lake and sports centre in Longleat Forest at Warminster is packed with thousands of families during the summer holidays.

In a statement, Center Parcs said it was 'deeply saddened' by the death of the young boy last Saturday.

Source: Read Full Article