- Adidas Originals and the LEGO group partnered to launch a new sneaker design.
- The ZX 8000 sneakers can be purchased for $130 on the Adidas website starting Friday.
- With LEGO brick-inspired colors and geometric design elements, the shoes pay homage to the popular toys.
- The sneaker has six different-colored shoelace options and includes interchangeable LEGO bricks.
- Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Adidas Originals and the LEGO Group have partnered to create a sneaker design that's a nod to the popular building block toys.
The result is a colorful take on the classic ZX 8000 sneaker, which was first launched in 2008.
The Adidas Originals and LEGO sneaker was designed with multicolored mesh, and it includes LEGO studs on the heel, as well as interchangeable jewels — made to look like the LEGO bricks — that connect the shoelaces.
In addition to those features, the sneakers will also come with lace options in six different colors.
The $130 shoes will be available to purchase globally starting Friday on the Adidas website.
The brands announced the sneaker collaboration in early September with a YouTube video showing a sneak peek of the design.
"Demonstrating that you're never too old to play, this unique release sees the Danish toy company bring its instantly recognizable aesthetics to an adidas archival icon," a press release obtained by Insider from Adidas and the LEGO Group states.
The LEGO Twitter account also shared a picture of the Adidas sneakers on Monday, writing: "You're never too old to play!"
Fans of Adidas and LEGO shared their reactions to the toy brand's announcement about the shoes, and the design led some people to joke about the pain of stepping on one of the stray toy bricks.
"Now you can safely step on LEGO. While stepping IN LEGO," one user wrote.
"Finally a way to painlessly step on Lego," one user tweeted.
Another Twitter user also joined in, writing: "Wait so does it hurt to walk in these or?"
Source: Read Full Article