This was a year of staying home, and thus also a year of ordering in.
There are only so many sourdough breads you can make, after all.
The good news is that we’re no longer limited to the solo takeaway up the road – all those food delivery apps mean we’ve had a wealth of options available, even if we do tend to stick to our regular orders.
But what exactly have we been ordering this year?
Deliveroo has rounded up their top trending dishes of 2020, shared below.
These are the food items people have been ordering in their droves, from classic cheeseburgers to iconic Dishoom dishes.
The burger continues to reign supreme, but Asian flavours have come through, too.
Interestingly, this year is the first time that groceries have reached the top 100, with a pack of Fairtrade bananas from Waitrose landing 36th place.
Take a look at the top trending items in the UK below and prepare to feel very hungry.
1. Cheeseburger from Five Guys, London
2. House Black Daal from Dishoom, London
3. Build Your Bowl from The Poke Shack, London
4. Burrito from Chilango, London
5. The Original German Doner Kebab from German Doner Kebab, Reading
6. Burrito from Chipotle, London
7. Waitrose small Fairtrade bananas from Waitrose, London
8. Burrito from FreshMex, Aberdeen
9. Quesadilla Cravings Box from Taco Bell, Aberdeen
10. Shack Burger from Shake Shack, London
11. Roast Duck from Three Uncles, London
12. Katsu Curry (Chicken) from Wagamama, London
13. Chicken Katsu Curry from Kokoro, Brighton
14. Jerk Grill Chicken from Bagel King, London
15. Roadside Chicken Tacos from Taqueria, London
16. Margherita from VIP Very Italian Pizza, Brighton
17. Pad thai from Ting Thai Caravan, Edinburgh
No picture for this one, sorry foodies.
18. The Devil from Mamma Dough, London
19. Bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich from Eggslut
20. Bacon Cheese Burger from Beer + Burger, London
21. The Original Burger from Coqfighter, London
22. Sneaky Clucker from Oowee Vegan, Bristol
23. St Peter’s Burger from The Meating Room, St Albans
24. Vegan Doner Kebab from What The Pitta, Brighton
25. Southern Fried Chicken Wrap from Chicken & Blues, Bournemouth
26. Margherita from Pizza Punks, Newcastle
Another one with no pic, but imagine a nice pizza.
27. Chick-a-boo from Boo, Leicester
28. Shawarma in a Wrap from Pita, London
29. Signature Chicken Burger from Amigos, London
30. Grilled chicken burrito from Tortilla, Guildford
Grilled, so it’s healthy.
If you fancy looking further out than the UK, the top 100 dishes from Deliveroo globally are below, too, to inspire your dining choices.
Top Deliveroo dishes of 2020
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article