A breakfast sandwich in any format is a god-tier morning meal, and this twist on the classic might just make your favourites list.
It’s not entirely clear who was the first to make the #tiktoksandwich, but it’s absolutely blown up, with every chef on the platform making their own version.
While some people have added everything from katsu chicken to strawberry jame to theirs, the only things you’ll definitely need are bread, butter (or oil) and eggs.
You can also make this vegan with egg substitute and margarine rather than butter.
One of the most popular tutorials of the sandwich is that of Ivy Cher, whose take on the recipe has been watched more than 300,000 times.
As you can see from her video, it’s easy to make, but is customisable and looks delicious.
How to make the #tiktoksandwich
Ingredients (makes one sandwich)
- Three eggs (or equivalent amount of egg substitute)
- Two slices of bread
- Butter or margarine
- Salt, pepper, or other spices (optional)
- Any other toppings such as cheese, ham, bacon, spring onions, or sausage
- In a bowl or jug, mix your eggs up and put in some salt and pepper.
- Heat your frying pan and grease with some butter.
- When the butter is just melted, pour your egg into the pan and move it around so it coats the bottom like a crepe.
- When it’s just starting to cook, dip your bread in the egg and flip so both sides are coated. Leave the bread laying on your egg pancake for a short while.
- When the egg appears to be cooked through, flip the whole thing (including both slices of bread) over.
- Add any toppings to your sandwich.
- Fold the loose edges of your eggy pancake into the middle.
- Fold one slice of bread over the other to create a neat little sandwich.
Do you have a cool recipe you’d love to share?
Get in touch at [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article