This is a super dessert that you can serve up to your guests, or if you’re the guest, why not help out your host by bringing one along?
Baileys, Chocolate & Maltesers Cheesecake
For the base:
450g (1lb) digestive biscuits
175g (6oz) melted butter
For the topping:
400g (14oz) cream cheese
50g (2oz) icing sugar
500ml (17fl oz) cream, lightly whipped
200g (7oz) good-quality chocolate, melted
100ml (3½ fl oz) Baileys Irish Cream
1 bag of Maltesers (crushed roughly)
For the garnish :
75g (3oz) dark chocolate
25g (1oz) crushed toasted hazelnuts
150g (5oz) whipped cream
50g (2oz) grated white and dark chocolate
1. Lay a 23cm (9in) cheesecake ring on top of a flat cake stand. Break the biscuits into fine crumbs and mix in the melted butter. Press the biscuits into the base of the tin in an even layer and allow to chill.
2. Meanwhile, whip the cream cheese and the sugar together until smooth. Next add in the lightly whipped cream and whisk gently.
3. Add in the melted chocolate. Carefully whisk this in, ensuring that you don’t over-beat at this stage. Add in the Baileys and the Maltesers and mix well, then pour this mixture on top of the biscuit base and allow to set.
4. Melt the dark chocolate and spoon teaspoons of it out onto a sheet of parchment paper. Sprinkle with the toasted hazelnuts and allow to set.
5. To decorate, pipe some whipped cream rosettes on top of the cheesecake, place the chocolate and hazelnut discs on top of the cream and then sprinkle the grated chocolate on top of the cheesecake and, if desired, some additional Maltesers.
Feel free to choose a different type of biscuit for the base.
For more of Edward’s recipes and top culinary tips, visit edwardentertains.com
Photography by Julia Dunin
Source: Read Full Article