For most of us we never really unpacked our winter coats from last year.
But with winter just around the corner, we are reaching for those shearling coats, leather jackets and puffer coats even more.
There is a large variety of winter coats out there to keep you warm and dry this winter.
While some may be looking for a warming and protective jacket, but something a little lightweight for the trans-seasonal period between autumn and winter, a trench coat may be for you.
But for others, nothing says a winter coat better than a thick puffy parka jacket, with a thermal interior and waterproof exterior to help you battle the elements when winter really kicks in.
River Island, H&M, ASOS and Mango are just some of our favourite high street brands for winter coats this year, and if you're struggling to pick we've narrowed down our top favourites.
Best Trench Coats
Trench coats are always a huge hit with shoppers, especially for those in-between months between seasons when it is too warm to don a parka jacket, but too cold to go sans outerwear.
The classic trench coat is inspired by the longstanding Burberry design, which has double breasted front detail, large lapel collar, belted waist detail, and is camel-coloured.
However, new creations are now also available, with high street brands releasing PVC trench coats, experimenting with colours, and even, in some retailers, a blend of various colours – and, most importantly, more affordable price tags.
Whether you button it up to keep the chill at bay, wear undone over an outfit, or even draped over your shoulders, it is a failsafe wardrobe staple you will not want to take off. Wear with a tracksuit and trainers for a casual Sunday stroll vibe, layer over the classic jeans and t-shirt, or to work with a skirt, blouse and heeled boots, and the compliments will come flooding in.
- Stone Check Mix Balloon Sleeve Trench Coat, £75 from Missguided – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN Trench Coat In Black, £48 from ASOS – buy here
- Water-repellent long trench, £99.99 from Mango – buy here
- Faux Leather Belted Trench Coat, £79 from Marks and Spencer – buy here
Best Quilted Coats
Quilted Coats are in this season, with gorgeous khaki green quilted patterns.
We're obsessed with Barbour's signature quilted designs and 2021's The Frankie Shop jacket spotted all over Instagram.
Whether you're looking for a classic long sleeve quilted number, short jacket lengths, longer padded designs, gilets, so you are spoilt for choice if a quilted number is on your shopping list.
- ANYDAY John Lewis & Partners Quilted Longline Coat, £75 from John Lewis & Partners – buy here
- Barbour Cavalry Polarquilt Jacket, £149 from Barbour – buy here
- Khaki Quilted Longline Shacket, £75 from River Island – buy here
- Quilted Zipper Gilet, £29.99 from Mango – buy here
Best Leather Jackets
Leather jackets are a must-have for all seasons, occasions, ages, genders and fashion styles. We adore them.
While some go for the classic leather jacket, others prefer the oversized biker style, which are perfect for those wanting to channel their inner rock chic glam.
Layer your leather jacket over a pair or jeans and crisp white t-shirt, black boots, heeled boots or heels, to take you from day to night with ease.
- Topshop Faux Leather Biker Jacket, £49.99 from ASOS – buy here
- Leather Biker Jacket, £139.99 from H&M – buy here
- Reversible PU Faux Fur Jacket, £72.95 from NA-KD – buy here
- Faux Leather Jacket With Pockets, £69.99 from Mango – buy here
Best Oversized Jackets
Oversized jackets are for more formal occasions, such as heading to the office, or for those wanting warmth and coverage when heading out on a date in the winter evenings.
For those looking for winter jackets, which boast an oversized fit, can also look to aviator jackets, oversized bombers or Harrington’s this season.
- Wool Belted Longline Wrap Coat | £149 from Marks and Spencer – buy here
- Checked Oversized Coat, £80.95 from NA-KD – buy here
- Faux Shearling Aviator Jacket, £69 from Marks and Spencer – buy here
- Black Oversized Bomber, £40 (Was £45) from Pretty Little Thing – buy here
Best Teddy Coats
Teddy coats are the epitome of a winter coat, as it is exactly the warm and cosy number you want to wear when it is cold and wet outside.
Teddy Coats are often longline in length, feature a boucle textured exterior, and can be worn oversized to fit all your chunky knitwear underneath.
- Teddy Double Breasted Coat , £69 from Marks and Spencer – buy here
- Women Fleece Pile Lined Tailored Coat, £34.90 from Uniqlo – buy here
- Camel Long Teddy Coat, £49.99 from New Look – buy here
Best Puffer Coats
Puffer coats and parka jackets are the bread and butter in our winter wardrobes, and we will not leave the house without one.
The classic parka designs, which are long in length, padded, have a thermal interior, as well as a hood is the go-to to wear, however, other puffer coats are equally as popular.
Whether you are heading out on a winter walk, or need something cosy and warm when heading into the office, a trusty puffer coat will have you covered.
- Stormwear™ Quilted Borg Lined Hooded Parka, £79 from Marks and Spencer – buy here
- Stone Quilted Long Puffer Coat, £59.99 from New Look – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN Oversized Hero Quilted Maxi Coat, £75 from ASOS – buy here
- Women Ultra Warm Down Short Coat, £139.90 from Uniqlo – buy here
What winter coats are in for 2021?
This year a key trend are quilted jackets and puffa coats, oversized and trench coats; but luckily for shoppers looking for a long lasting purchase these are unlikely to go out of style fast.
What is the warmest coat for winter?
The warmest coats for winter are parka jackets, teddy coats, which both provide extra warmth and insulation.
A teddy coat the perfect mix of style and sensible, and look gorgeous dressed up or down.
What is the best high street winter jacket brand?
The best high street winter jacket brand is ASOS or Marks and Spencer, as both brands have a whole host of designs available; from oversized coats, parka jackets to leather jackets, all with very affordable price tags.
M&S is renowned for being a trusted brand that stands the test of time, which is ideal for the sustainable shoppers who want to get their cost per wear when investing in a winter coat.
Where to buy winter coats on the high street?
Looking for a new winter coat that won't break the bank, make sure to check out Marks and Spencer, New Look, as well as River Island, H&M, Mango and Uniqlo.
Uniqlo and Marks and Spencer are best to shop for puffer coats, especially if you are primarily looking for comfort and warmth, while H&M, River Island and Mango offer a selection of stylish coats, which you know will be bang on trend and hot property this season.
How much are winter coats?
Winter coats can vary from £35 up to over £500, so it all depends on your budget.
However, on average, a winter coat costing around £75 to £100 mark is favourable, and will deliver on all counts; warmth, style, and durability, so it is likely to see you through many more winters to come.
Now you have your coats covered, it’s prime time to invest in your Christmas jumper for the pinnacle of the winter festivities.
Unsure what to buy your loved one, or the female relatives in your life this Christmas, don’t fret – we have you covered.
If you love our selection of winter coats, but are in need of something to keep you warm as toast when indoors, this is just the thing.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
Source: Read Full Article