Queen Elizabeth news latest – 'Cruel prank' played by right-hand-woman led Her Majesty to shout 'you're sacked!'

THE Queen shouted "you're sacked" after a cruel prank played on her by her right-hand-woman, it has been claimed.

The incident occurred during Her Majesty's 2006 Royal Tour of Australia and allegedly involved her dresser Angela Kelly.

In her book, Kelly revealed that the Queen had been desperate to see a kookaburra during her town Down Under but had had no luck spotting one.

So when the royal entourage took a trip through a market in Sydney, Kelly took her opportunity to buy a cute cuddly toy kookaburra instead.

"I had something in mind I thought the Queen would enjoy," Kelly writes, revealing how she set-up the cuddly toy in a cage on the balcony outside her room and called the Queen to see the "funny looking grey bird" she'd spotted.

Excited, the Queen raced to see it and declared "it's a kookaburra" – only to cry ""No! Don't do that. It will fly away" when Kelly opened the cage door.

"Turning to Her Majesty while trying to keep a straight face, I solemnly told her it was dead", leaving the Queen looking horrified.

Angela then walked towards the Queen with the cuddly toy and said "April Fool", to which Her Majesty jokingly replied "you're sacked", before turning to Prince Philip to say "Do you know what she has just done to me? Angela has had me!".

Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest news and updates…

  • John Hall

    Prince Andrew news you may have missed

    • The Sun On Sunday revealed Andrew faces a £14million payout after his accuser’s lawyer signalled she would reach a settlement if he admitted the claims against him.
    • The monster bill is far less than the Duke would face if he lost a jury trial.
    • It was mooted as Virginia Giuffre’s veteran lawyer David Boies suggested for the first time she would accept a payout.
    • Speculation over the case was fuelled by Mr Boies’ remarks which came days after Andrew issued a denial of her claims in legal papers and demanded a jury trial in the US.
    • Ms Giuffre — who alleges Andrew sexually abused her when she was 17, which he has always strongly denied — has previously insisted a financial settlement alone would not be enough for her.
    • Her lawyer — who has previously represented Hollywood sex offender Harvey Weinstein — said: “We would be unlikely to settle in a situation in which somebody has just handed over a cheque.

    A quiet year for Harry and Meghan?

    The royal editor of the Daily Mirror Russell Myers highlighted this as a point of concern for the couple in 2022 following their multi-million deals with Spotify and Netflix this year.

    An Australian TV host asked Mr Myers: "Russell, is it a quiet year ahead for Harry and Meghan or are we going to hear more from them?"

    Mr Myers responded: "Anything can happen with those two, to be honest.

    "They pop up every now and then and the world laps it up."

    Prince Andrew could face 'BAILIFFS coming round'

    PRINCE Andrew faces bailiffs turning up at his home – the £30 million Royal Lodge to seize his assets – if loses his sex case trial, a lawyer has warned.

    Already there have been claims he has sold his £17 million ski chalet in the Swiss alps to avoid having it seized should he lose the case.

    And while his home, the Royal Lodge, is not owned by him – he could see officers from the court turning up at the gates.

    Lawyer Arick Fudali, who has worked closely with victims of Epstein for Lisa Bloom’s firm, said Andrew faces having his assets seized if he loses.

    "There is a method and procedure for seizing assets, even overseas assets, in the event there is an award of damages and the defendant tries to avoid paying,” he told The Sun Online.

    “This could include seizing bank accounts, physical property, etc. 

    “Assuming for the sake of this question that there is an award of damages against Prince Andrew, he would be able to avoid the seizure of assets by posting a bond pending the inevitable appeal.

    “Assuming the appeal goes in favour of Ms. Giuffre, Prince Andrew would either have to pay the amount owed, settle the matter for another amount, or risk his assets being seized.”

    • John Hall

      Meghan Markle could relaunch her blog

      MEGHAN Markle could be set to relaunch her lifestyle blog, five years after closing it down.

      The Duchess of Sussex shut The Tig, which is named after her favourite wine Tignanello, in April 2017 – before announcing her engagement to Prince Harry that year.

      Now Meghan has applied to reactivate The Tig trademark, a move sure to excite her fans.

      She previously described the blog as a "passion project" which "evolved into an amazing community of inspiration, support, fun and frivolity".

      Public records in America, accessed by The Mail, show LA lawyer Marjorie Witter Norman filed a new application to trademark the name in July last year.

      The trademark application was filed under a Delaware-based holding company called Frim Fram Inc, which is linked to the Duchess' business manager Andrew Meyer, according to the Mail.

    • John Hall

      Harry to give lecture on importance of ‘taking a break’ 

      PRINCE Harry is set to give a lecture on the importance of taking a break – despite making just one podcast since signing an £18million mega-deal with Spotify.

      The talk will be screened to 100,000 people who subscribe to BetterUp. Harry was made the firm's chief impact officer last year.

      Promos for the lecture show a photo of Harry alongside the slogan: "Breakthroughs happen when you take a break."

      He will be joined at the Inner Work Day seminar by Meghan's friend Serena Williams.

    • John Hall

      Camilla to take Meghan Markle’s patronage

      The Duchess of Cornwall is to become royal patron of the National Theatre – a position previously held by the Duchess of Sussex.

      Meghan was gifted the prestigious duty by the Queen, 95, in 2019 after herself holding it for 45 years.

      But the former actress was stripped of the patronage when she and Prince Harry, 37, announced their departure from royal life one year later.

      It reverted back to Her Majesty in 2020 but will be passed on to Camilla, 74, in the next few months, The Sunday Times reports.

      A source close to the theatre-loving duchess claimed she was "pretty miffed" to have lost out on the role three years ago.

      "She really wanted it," they said.

      "She was pretty miffed when it went to Meghan, and will be all the more delighted to take it on now, after being disappointed not to get it first time round."

    • John Hall

      Harry's book will provide a 'definitive account of his experiences'

      Prince Harry's book will provide a "definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses and life lessons that have helped shape him".

      Exactly what it will reveal remains to be seen, and just how damaging it could prove to Charles and Camilla similarly hangs in the balance.

      But Harry has previously shared how he experienced "pain or suffering" because of the pain his parents endured in a potential dig at the way Charles handled the death of Diana when he was just 12.

      He also told Oprah Winfrey that his father "literally cut me off financially" in 2020 and discussed his "genetic pain".

    • John Hall

      Forget the Andrew saga – it's all about Harry

      A source last week said: "Forget the Prince Andrew saga, the main topic of discussion at Clarence House is Harry’s book — and the reputational damage it could very well do.

      "There are concerns about Harry’s recollections of Camilla’s entry into the Royal Family, and how her long-running romance with Charles damaged him from a young age.

      "Harry is fiercely loyal and protective of his late mother and her legacy, and didn’t approve of Camilla sweeping in as the great love of his father’s life.

      "Understandably he found those early years incredibly difficult, and he might publicly blame Camilla for much of what he believes went wrong in his childhood, and the trauma the whole situation caused.

      "Charles is deeply protective of Camilla. The last thing he needs — especially in a year of celebration that should be all about the Queen — is an excoriating takedown of Camilla at a time when people have finally taken her to their hearts.”

    • John Hall

      Meghan Markle could relaunch her blog

      MEGHAN Markle could be set to relaunch her lifestyle blog, five years after closing it down.

      The Duchess of Sussex shut The Tig, which is named after her favourite wine Tignanello, in April 2017 – before announcing her engagement to Prince Harry that year.

      Now Meghan has applied to reactivate The Tig trademark, a move sure to excite her fans.

      She previously described the blog as a "passion project" which "evolved into an amazing community of inspiration, support, fun and frivolity".

      Public records in America, accessed by The Mail, show LA lawyer Marjorie Witter Norman filed a new application to trademark the name in July last year.

      The trademark application was filed under a Delaware-based holding company called Frim Fram Inc, which is linked to the Duchess' business manager Andrew Meyer, according to the Mail.

    • John Hall

      Harry & Meghan's multi-million pound deals

      The couple signed multi-million pound deals with both Spotify and Netflix back in 2020 – a decision Harry says he was forced to take after he was stripped of his security detail during Megxit.

      The streaming giant said it was looking forward to a "full-scale" launch of shows in 2021 – but nothing appeared.

      And after the lengthy wait, a host of in-house producers have been hired to finally deliver content for the royals.

      Bosses are currently recruiting new in-house staff to work with Harry and Meghan's Archewell Audio for a show that features "the voices of high profile women."

      Despite the delay in recording podcasts, the Sussexes are believed to be making plans for an Oprah-style media empire that could reportedly see them fronting their own talkshows.

    • John Hall

      Lady Louise Windsor to 'go her own way'

      A royal historian has opened up about the futures of Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn, who told Express.co.uk that the Queen's grandchildren will "go their own ways".

      The royal futures of Louise and her brother James have been discussed by royal historian Marlene Koenig, who said the pair are to “go their own ways”.

      She told Express.co.uk: “She is going to be doing her own thing. She has already finished with boarding school, so she is on her gap year.

      “Then she might choose to go to university, but again, that is going to be far more private than if she were Her Royal Highness Princess Louise of Wessex.

      “It is the same for her brother. I think that is the plan. They are the grandchildren of the Queen. But they are going to have a far different, more quiet life.”

    • John Hall

      The Sussexes making celeb connections

      Elsewhere, it's reported that the royal pair are making more celeb connections.

      Meghan and Harry are understood to have asked for secret talks with Spider-Man couple Tom Holland and Zendaya, despite them never meeting previously.

      The Duke and Duchess were reportedly eager to rub shoulders with the stars, whose recent release took £1.27billion at the box office.

      Harry vowed to become “financially independent” when he and Meghan, 40, quit their lives as senior royals in 2020 and moved to the US.

      Ms Levin, who spent a year working with Harry for an authorised biography, told Sun Online: "This all seems to be a big turnaround from their philanthropic and non-profit work to just pure entertainment.

      "It suggests they want to earn loads more money."

      Highlighting Harry's appearance on James Corden's show last February, and Meghan's on Ellen's back in November, Ms Levin said there are "rumours" the pair will hit Hollywood.

    • John Hall

      Surge in Brits writing wills last year due to Philip’s passing

      HOSPITAL visits made by the Queen and Prince Philip sparked a surge in Brits writing up wills last year, according to figures.

      The Duke of Edinburgh’s admittance to hospital in February 2021 led to an upsurge of 131 per cent in the number of wills produced.

      According to the insight from will writer and funeral provider, Farewill, the ‘Royal effect’ continued with a 26 percent increase in will writing following the Queen going into hospital on 22 October.

      It also emerged Mondays at 2pm is the most popular time to write a will, with nearly a fifth of all will writing to take place over the last three years being on the first day of the week.

      Read the article in full here.

      Source: Read Full Article