A “THRILLED” Prince Harry will be getting to grips with life as a new dad following the birth of his son in the early hours of this morning.
However, it is only a matter of days before the Duke of Sussex will be leaving new mum Meghan alone with the baby as he heads to Holland.
Despite the late arrival of his firstborn the 34-year-old will still travel to the Netherlands on Thursday as planned.
The prince had initially been scheduled to travel to the nation on Wednesday for a two day visit, however, it was announced last week that his trip had been shortened to just one day as Meghan’s due date came and went.
And the palace has confirmed to Fabulous Digital that his trip will still be going ahead despite the baby’s late arrival.
A palace spokesperson said: “The Duke is still attending the engagements in The Hague but we announced that we’d postponed the visit in Amsterdam.”
The Sun’s Emily Andrews said that adjustments couldn’t be made to the plans due to clashing schedules with his father the Prince of Wales.
She said: “Harry will still go to The Hague on Thursday. They’d already cancelled the Amsterdam part on Friday due to clash with Charles and Camilla’s tour to Germany.”
His trip will come just three days after the birth of his son who arrived in the early hours of Monday morning.
The news was announced on the couple’s official Instagram account, Sussex Royal.
The message read: "We are pleased to announce that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their firstborn child in the early morning on May 6th, 2019.
“Their Royal Highnesses’ son weighs 7lbs. 3oz.”
Meghan Markle’s mum Doria Ragland then released a statement through Kensington Palace saying she was "very happy" and "looking forward to welcoming her first grandchild".
We are pleased to announce that Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex welcomed their firstborn child in the early morning on May 6th, 2019. Their Royal Highnesses’ son weighs 7lbs. 3oz. The Duchess and baby are both healthy and well, and the couple thank members of the public for their shared excitement and support during this very special time in their lives. More details will be shared in the forthcoming days.
A post shared byThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex (@sussexroyal) on
When asked if Meghan's dad Thomas had been made aware of the news the Palace responded with "no comment."
The baby's sex was a surprise for the delighted couple, who chose not to find out what they were having.
The newest addition to the Windsor family is a first cousin of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's children, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, and a fourth grandchild for the Prince of Wales.
A beaming Harry said: "It's been the most amazing experience I could ever have possibly imagined.
"How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension. But we're both absolutely thrilled.
MOST READ IN FABULOUS
ROYAL REBELS How Meghan and Harry broke tradition with Baby Sussex's birth announcement
"We're both absolutely thrilled and so grateful for all the love and support from everybody out there, it's been amazing, so we just wanted to share this with everybody."
The couple posted a statement on April 11 saying they have "taken a personal decision to keep the plans around the arrival of their baby private".
It is not the only royal tradition Meghan and Harry broke for the birth of their first child.
The couple shunned the Lindo Wing of St Mary’s Hospital in London where the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to her three children.
Source: Read Full Article