A MUM has issued a warning after her five-year-old son was left with painful red marks and huge welts on his back after using an Aldi shampoo.
Taking to Facebook the concerned mum shared snaps of the angry red splotches that were left all over her son’s skin, despite the fact he had used a product intended for sensitive skin.
The mum had picked up the Mamia 2 in 1 shampoo and body wash which is advertised as “suitable for babies and toddlers with sensitive skin.”
Captioning her post, the mum wrote: “I used this product on my 5yr old this morning, squirting directly on his skin so he could lather & wash, within a few seconds I noticed his skin turning red so immediately washed it off using just water.
"These welts remained on his skin for an hour following & I can still slightly see the marks now.
“I’ve contacted Aldi as this product claims to be suitable for babies & sensitive skin. My boy has obviously had a reaction to something in it but just be careful if you use this on your babies, don’t be like me – check the labels!!!”
The mum went on to say that her son had no known allergies and this was the first time that something like this had happened.
The post has since gone viral, receiving over 2,000 reactions, with many suggesting that her son may have a nut allergy to the almond oil in the wash.
Most read in Fabulous
NO GOING BACK
Harry faces 'final nail in coffin of Royal life' if he's AXED from this role
NO GOING BACK
I’m UK’s sexiest postie after dropping 13st & 6-figure wage to walk miles on round
Andrew's awkward comment about Meg & Harry before daughter Eugenie's wedding
We bought a £750 Amazon returns pallet & made enough to cover mortgage payment
Commenting, one wrote: "I wouldn't say it was the product itself but a allergy to something in it . Poor little guy. Get some antihistamines for him."
Another said: "I would be getting him allergy tested, possibly nuts, particularly almond. If that is the reaction he has to skin contact, I don't want to imagine what would happen if he ingested them!"
An Aldi spokesperson said: “All of our beauty products are rigorously tested before going on sale. As with all cosmetic products, there is always the possibility of an individual intolerance to a particular ingredient.
“We were sorry to hear about Ms. Pengelly’s experience with this product and would ask her to return them so we can investigate further with our supplier.”
Source: Read Full Article