Meghan Markle latest news – Duchess 'heading for bitter regret when harsh reality of burning bridges finally hits home'

MEGHAN Markle faces bitter regret when the reality of constantly burning bridges finally hits home, an expert has claimed.

The Duchess of Sussex has repeatedly fallen out with family and friends over the years – but her most high profile relationship breakdown has been with members of Prince Harry's family.

That crisis reached an ugly head when Meghan and Harry appeared in a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year, in which Meghan didn't hold back on giving her in laws a tongue lashing.

But royal author Tom Quinn is convinced Meghan will be left with bitter regret when the harsh reality of burning so many bridges finally hits home.

“I think that she thought when she entered the Royal Family she could shake them up and they would love it, she would do things Meghan’s way," Tom told Channel 5's 'Meghan at 40: The Climb To Power' documentary.

"When that didn’t happen and she came up against what she saw as the forces of reaction it made her so upset that, that interview was her way I think the only way for her to get her revenge and put the case as she saw it.

"But I think later on she will think I shouldn’t have burnt my bridges to that extent."

Read our Meghan and Harry live blog below for the very latest updates...

  • Harvey Lindsay

    PRINCE HARRY IS EXPECTING THE QUEEN TO ATTEND LILIBET’S CHRISTENING, SAYS ROYAL EXPERT

    Prince Harry is putting the Queen in a “difficult position” with expecting her to attend daughter Lilibet’s christening, says a royal expert.

    It has been reported that Meghan Markle and Harry want their daughter Lilibet Diana to be christened in St George's Chapel like Archie was.

    The Queen didn’t attend Archie’s 2019 ceremony due to prior commitments. 

    Royal expert Angela Levin said it is therefore unreasonable for Harry to expect the Queen to attend Lilibet’s christening.

    Angela told Talk Radio: “That puts her in a very difficult position because she can't say that she is not free for years.

    “She didn't go to Louis', the third child of Prince William and Kate. So it's not a spiteful thing.”

  • Harvey Lindsay

    LADY LOUISE ‘COULD USE PRINCESS TITLE' MONTHS AFTER CHARLES AND EDWARD TITLE ROW

    The Earl and Countess of Wessex's daughter will be legally entitled to style herself as Her Royal Highness Princess Louise – just as her cousins Beatrice and Eugenie do.

    But she could be alone in her title change as Prince Charles is said to be refusing to grant his younger brother Edward – Louise's dad – the title of Duke of Edinburgh after their father Philip's death.

    A source told the Daily Mail: "If Charles is going to play silly games over titles, Edward and Sophie might need to ensure that they use the titles their family already have.

    "Louise is a humble teenager and doesn't act like a princess, but she is one – that's a fact."

    Edward has waited over twenty years to inherit his late father’s title – but Charles is reportedly less keen on the idea. 

  • Harvey Lindsay

    HARRY'S UNPRECEDENTED PUBLISHING DEAL WITH PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE

    The Duke of Sussex this week announced he had been working on a memoir that will be released next year – and it's been said the Palace "should be afraid."

    The news has sent shockwaves through the palace – with months of tension expected as the Royals wait to see what explosive claims Harry will release.

    It comes after it was reported that Charles was "surprised" by news that Prince Harry was writing a bombshell tell-all memoir.

    And an insider claimed that Harry seems "bizarrely hellbent" on trashing his dad Prince Charles – who feels his son's constant attacks are 'unjust'.

    On Monday, the Duke of Sussex announced an unprecedented publishing deal for his memoirs — timed for release in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year.

  • Harvey Lindsay

    DUKE AND DUCHESS HAS ‘WELL DEVELOPED PROPOSALS WITH QUIBI’ IN PLACE FROM 2019

    In September 2020 it was revealed that the Sussexes had signed a lucrative multi-million-pound production deal with Netflix.

    Prince Harry and Meghan agreed to a multi-year deal to produce nature series, documentaries and children’s programming.

    In April, it was revealed that the couple had been in talks with another billion-dollar backed streaming service before Megxit.

    This, according to The Telegraph, led to tensions with Palace staff as the couple were accused of “cashing in” on their status as Royals.

    A source close to the situation said: “There were well-developed proposals in place with Quibi from early 2019.”

  • Harvey Lindsay

    PIERS MORGAN LABELS HARRY & MEGHAN AS ‘SPITEFUL, BITTER GRAFTERS’

    Once again, Piers Morgan has blasted Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. In his latest outburst the former GMB host labelled the Duke and Duchess as “spiteful, bitter grafters intent on causing as much damage as they can”.

    The former Good Morning Britain host accused the couple of going “toxically rogue” after Harry announced he has been secretly writing a book about his life.

    Writing in his MailOnline column today in response to the news, Piers urged the Royal Family to “have nothing more to do with Prince Poison and Princess Pinocchio”.

    He said: “Harry’s memoirs, for which he’s being paid a reported $20 million – he says it’s all going to charity, but let’s keep a close eye on that claim – will be yet another chance for him to torch his family, and the institution they serve.

    “And every time he does this, and allows his wife to do it, he chips further away at the magic that sustains the royals in public life. They’ve become a pair of petty, spiteful, bitter little grifters intent on causing as much damage as they can.”

  • [email protected]

    CHANGING OF THE GUARD RETURNS TO WINDSOR CASTLE

    The Changing of the Guard ceremony has been performed at Windsor Castle for the first time since the pandemic began.

    The 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards were given the honour of staging the event at the Queen’s Berkshire home in their familiar scarlet tunics and iconic bearskins.

    Second Lieutenant Henry Turnbull, Captain of the New Guard at Windsor Castle, said the pandemic meant he was taking part in his first Changing of the Guard and the experience had been “really special”.

    The officer, who is Platoon Commander Inkerman Company, 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards and on a gap-year commission in the Army, added: “The guardsmen have been working really, really hard over the past few weeks to prepare for this special occasion – lots of bits of kit to prepare.

    “And to take part in the first Ceremonial Guard Mount is really, really special, especially to have crowds back today with restrictions being lifted makes it extra special, nothing compares to marching up the street out in Windsor.”

  • [email protected]

    MEGHAN'S HALF BROTHER JOINS AUSTRALIA BIG BROTHER

    Meghan Markle will be braced for more embarrassment as her half brother Thomas Markle Jr is set to appear on Australia's version of Big Brother.

    The MailOnline reports that he was spotted by staff at Sydney airport before going into hotel quarantine, to isolate before he enters the show.

    He does not have a relationship with Meghan, Harry or their two children.

    When he joins the show Meghan will be braced for claims about her after previously being labelled as "phony".

  • [email protected]

    ECO-WARRIOR

    Harry’s alleged use of the SUV comes despite him speaking out against the dangers of climate change in the past. 

    Earlier this year, the Duke warned the issue must be tackled “at the source” and said it was “pretty depressing” that the US was “either on fire or underwater”. 

    He told ‘The Me You Can’t See: A Path Forward’ podcast that the world needed a “reckoning moment” after the pandemic, stressing that he believed climate change was one of the most two pressing issues in the world alongside mental health.

    In 2019, he told a group of youngsters at the SSE Arena in Wembley to “wake up” and act “on the damaging impact our ways of living are having on the world”.

    But it was reported that the Duke hired a private helicopter just two days before the event, with charity Friends of the Earth urging him to “consider less carbon-intensive modes of travel”. Meg and Harry also sparked claims of hypocrisy in 2019 when seen boarding a £20,000 private jet to stay in Elton John’s French villa that same year. 

  • [email protected]

    MEGHAN MARKLE AND PRINCE HARRY’S NEWBORN, LILIBET BEING ‘IGNORED’ BY ROYAL FAMILY

    The Royal Family have been accused of risking a new “firestorm” as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s daughter, Lilibet has yet to be included in the line of succession on the families website.

    Royal Expert Daniela Elser has warned the royal rift will continue and become a “firestorm” as Lilibet, who is eighth in line to the throne, has still not been added to the official family list, despite her birth six weeks ago.

    Elser said: “It’s simply beggars belief that this website situation has been allowed to happen given that 2021 is in strong contention to be the Queen’s Annus Horribilis 2.0 for a variety of Harry and Meghan-shaped reasons.”

    “The fact that the Palace has failed to include Lili so far and for weeks on end after her birth carries with it quite the sting.”

  • [email protected]

    PRINCE HARRY ‘BIZARRELY HELLBENT’ ON TRASHING DAD CHARLES

    Charles is becoming increasingly “concerned over Harry’s chosen path” after being rocked by revelations of his secret book, say sources.

    Senior royals were reportedly only told about the memoirs shortly before Harry’s publisher, Penguin Random House, announced the shock deal on Monday.

    His spokesperson told the media that Harry didn’t need the Queen’s permission to write the tell-all – believed to be a £14.5million project.

    Timed for release in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year, Harry’s relationship with Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, and ex-girlfriends are likely to form part of the book.

  • [email protected]

    KATE AND MEGHAN’S TEARS

    Reports of the row over bridesmaid dresses first surfaced when it was reported Meghan had made Kate cry in the run-up to her and Harry’s wedding in May 2018.

    But in her Oprah Winfrey TV interview, Meghan, 39, denied that and claimed it was the other way round.

    She said “the reverse happened” and that Kate had apologised to her for making her cry.

    Meg added: “The narrative with Kate – which didn’t happen – was really, really difficult and something that. I think that’s when everything changed, really.”

  • [email protected]

    WHAT WILL THE DUKE AND DUCHESS’ NETFLIX SERIES BE ABOUT?

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s Archewell Productions announced last Wednesday that a programme with the working title “Pearl” will be developed for the streaming service.

    Meghan created the idea of the family-focused animated series, which was inspired by a variety of women from history.

    She will serve as an executive producer with filmmaker David Furnish, who worked as a producer on Rocketman and Sherlock Gnomes.

    “Like many girls her age, our heroine Pearl is on a journey of self-discovery as she tries to overcome life’s daily challenges,” Meghan said in a statement.

    “I’m thrilled that Archewell Productions, partnered with the powerhouse platform of Netflix, and these incredible producers, will together bring you this new animated series, which celebrates extraordinary women throughout history,” she added.

  • [email protected]

    WHAT MIGHT HARRY’S BOOK REVEAL?

  • [email protected]

    MEGHAN MARKLE GUSHED SHE ‘LOVES LONDON MEN’ AND ‘WANTED TO MEET SOMEONE’ BEFORE HARRY, EX-PAL LIZZIE CUNDY CLAIMS

    The US actress had struck up a friendship with the former model – with Cundy claiming Meghan made no secret of her preference for English men.

    Speaking to the Daily Mail, she said:"We have a clip of her saying: "I want to be a London girl, I love London men and I love everything to do with London.

    "I was asked to look after Meghan when she came over here. She wanted to meet someone."

    However, she claimed she had been "dropped" by Meghan after her star began to rise.

    Cundy first met Meghan after being asked to accompany her to a charity dinner in 2013.

    And just three years later, Meghan met Prince Harry with the couple going on to tie the knot in 2018.

  • [email protected]

    HOW IS MEGHAN’S BOOK THE BENCH DOING ON AMAZON?

    On Amazon, the 40-page tome appears to have been benched by parents and languishes at 128,461 in Kindle’s ranking of books available to download for e-readers.

    In other niche categories, The Bench comes 50th in “Children’s eBooks on Values” and 107 in “Children’s People & Places Books”.

    The most recent Amazon review from a former teacher in the UK branded the book “a vanity project by the Duchess” that “strangely represents” Prince Harry and her son Archie’s relationship.

  • [email protected]

    BORIS JOHNSON ‘WANTED TO VISIT THE QUEEN AT THE START OF COVID PANDEMIC AND HAD TO BE STOPPED’, DOMINIC CUMMINGS CLAIMS

    Boris Johnson ‘wanted to visit the Queen at the start of Covid pandemic and had to be stopped’, Dominic Cummings claims

  • [email protected]

    MEGHAN MARKLE’S CHILDREN’S BOOK THE BENCH IS NOW BEING STOCKED BY DISCOUNT GIANT THE WORKS

    MEGHAN Markle’s kids’ book The Bench is now being stocked by discount giant The Works.

    The high street shop –which describes itself as “Britain’s Leading Discount Retail Store” – is flogging the book for £10 – three quid off its original price.

    Meghan’s first foray into the world of literature was only released by the publishers last month and has now found itself on the shelves of the cost-cutting stationery and book store.

    On Amazon, the 40-page tome appears to have been benched by parents and languishes at 128,461 in Kindle’s ranking of books available to download for e-readers.

  • [email protected]

    ROYAL ROUNDUP

    • Harry blindsided the Royal Family by secretly writing the tell-all memoir
    • Harry told his family “moments” before the book was announced
    • Piers Morgan blasted the memoir, saying Harry ‘hasn’t stopped yapping‘
    • Harry vowed to be “wholly truthful” in the upcoming memoir
    • The duke has sparked a “tsunami of fear” in the Royal Family

    PRINCE HARRY’S UPCOMING MEMOIR ‘NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A F*** YOU’ TO FAMILY – BUT ROYALS ARE WORRIED OVER SURPRISE BOOK

    Insiders claim the Duke of Sussex simply wants to tell his "truth" and has no intention to deliberately hurt his family.

    A source told PageSix it is not the duke's plan to abandon his family for good.

    He has instead approached the book as a way to reflect on his life and correct misinformation.

    However, royal insiders couldn't disagree more, with almost all senior royals fearful of a repeat of the Oprah Winfrey interview – or worse.

    One said: "On what planet does Harry think that this is not a ‘f*** you’ to the family?"

    GRINNING PRINCE GEORGE CELEBRATES 8TH BIRTHDAY IN SNAP TAKEN BY MUM

    PRINCE HARRY IS EXPECTING THE QUEEN TO ATTEND LILIBET’S CHRISTENING, SAYS ROYAL EXPERT

    Prince Harry is putting the Queen in a “difficult position” with expecting her to attend daughter Lilibet’s christening, says a royal expert.

    It has been reported that Meghan Markle and Harry want their daughter Lilibet Diana to be christened in St George's Chapel like Archie was.

    The Queen didn’t attend Archie’s 2019 ceremony due to prior commitments. 

    Royal expert Angela Levin said it is therefore unreasonable for Harry to expect the Queen to attend Lilibet’s christening.

    Angela told Talk Radio: “That puts her in a very difficult position because she can't say that she is not free for years.

    “She didn't go to Louis', the third child of Prince William and Kate. So it's not a spiteful thing.”

    • [email protected]

      LADY LOUISE ‘COULD USE PRINCESS TITLE' MONTHS AFTER CHARLES AND EDWARD TITLE ROW

      The Earl and Countess of Wessex's daughter will be legally entitled to style herself as Her Royal Highness Princess Louise – just as her cousins Beatrice and Eugenie do.

      But she could be alone in her title change as Prince Charles is said to be refusing to grant his younger brother Edward – Louise's dad – the title of Duke of Edinburgh after their father Philip's death.

      A source told the Daily Mail: "If Charles is going to play silly games over titles, Edward and Sophie might need to ensure that they use the titles their family already have.

      "Louise is a humble teenager and doesn't act like a princess, but she is one – that's a fact."

      Edward has waited over twenty years to inherit his late father’s title – but Charles is reportedly less keen on the idea. 

    • [email protected]

      HARRY'S UNPRECEDENTED PUBLISHING DEAL WITH PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE

      The Duke of Sussex this week announced he had been working on a memoir that will be released next year – and it's been said the Palace "should be afraid."

      The news has sent shockwaves through the palace – with months of tension expected as the Royals wait to see what explosive claims Harry will release.

      It comes after it was reported that Charles was "surprised" by news that Prince Harry was writing a bombshell tell-all memoir.

      And an insider claimed that Harry seems "bizarrely hellbent" on trashing his dad Prince Charles – who feels his son's constant attacks are 'unjust'.

      On Monday, the Duke of Sussex announced an unprecedented publishing deal for his memoirs — timed for release in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year.

    • Joseph Gamp

      GRINNING PRINCE GEORGE CELEBRATES 8TH BIRTHDAY IN SNAP TAKEN BY MUM KATE MIDDLETON

      GRINNING Prince George looks great as he celebrates turning eight in a snap by mum Kate – including a touching nod to grandfather Philip.

      The Duchess of Cambridge pictured him sitting on her and William’s Land Rover ahead of his big day.

      George wore a blue and orange striped T-shirt, blue shorts and a huge smile while sitting on the car – an off-road vehicle synonymous with his great-grandfather the Duke of Edinburgh.

      Grinning Prince George celebrates 8th birthday in snap taken by mum Kate Middleton

    • Joseph Gamp

      PRINCE HARRY’S NEW BOOK IS REVENGE FOR WILLIAM ALWAYS HAVING IT BETTER THAN HIM

      Angela Levin has had her say on Harry’s latest announcement of his new memoir. She doesn’t seem to be his biggest fan, stating “After telling his story in Finding Freedom, spilling the beans to Oprah Winfrey – twice – now he is writing his ‘literary memoir‘, whatever that is.

      “Why is he writing a book?

      “The only thing I can think of is that he wants revenge. He is fed up with being the spare to the heir.”

      Source: Read Full Article