Meghan Markle latest news – Archbishop of Canterbury should be SACKED for exposing wedding farce, Piers Morgan jokes

THE Archbishop of Canterbury should be SACKED for confirming Meghan Markle and Prince Harry weren't legally married in their back garden three days before the royal wedding, Piers Morgan has joked.

Meghan told Oprah Winfrey during their bombshell chat that she and Harry tied the knot “in our backyard” before the lavish public ceremony at Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018.

Meghan told the US chat show queen "it was just the two of us in our backyard with the Archbishop of Canterbury".

Officials later poured cold water on the claim, with Stephen Borton, who drew up the licence for the wedding, telling The Sun Meghan was "obviously confused".

Now in an interview with an Italian newspaper the Archbishop confirmed the real wedding date saying it would have been a "serious criminal offence" to go ahead with the second ceremony if they were already wed.

Following the Archbishop's revelations, Piers, who famously left GMB and was "cancelled" for saying he didn't believe Meghan's claims, waded in joking that Justin Welby needed to be axed from the role.

"The Archbishop of Canterbury should either apologise for disbelieving Meghan Markle’s secret wedding claims – or lose his job," he tweeted.

Read our live blog below for the very latest updates on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry…

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    SUITS HER

    Meghan Markle's Suits co-star reckons the Royal Family has “messed with the wrong woman” while demanding they “back off” from her.

    As Buckingham Palace continues its probe into bullying allegations against the Duchess of Sussex, D.B. Woodside adds: "It seems to me there are people who are setting her up to be the fall person."

    Defending his acting pal, D.B Woodside told ET: "Listen, the thing about her is she's strong and she's resilient.

    "And if they think that this kind of stuff is going to knock her off her game for very long, they picked the wrong woman to mess with.

    "She is the wrong woman to mess with. They need to back up, back off, apologise. because she's not the one."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    MEGHAN 'PLANNING TO HAVE HOME BIRTH FOR HER SECOND CHILD IN SANTA BARBARA MANSION, SOURCE CLAIMS

    Meghan is planning to give birth to her second child in the comfort of her California mansion, a source has claimed.

    Speaking about the Duchess' home birthing plans, an insider told Page Six: "She has a beautiful home in California, it's a beautiful setting to give birth to her baby girl."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    MEGHAN & HARRY COULDN'T KEEP GIFTS FOR ARCHIE BUT CAN FOR NEW BABY

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry weren't allowed to keep gifts for little Archie – but they will be able to for their new baby.

    Now that the Sussexes have started their new lives in the US, they'll likely be able to keep presents given to their daughter when she is born in the summer.

    Previously, as more senior members of the Royal Family, they were unable to accept certain presents given to mark Archie's birth.

    Royal protocol means they are expected to refuse gifts from people they don't know if there are concerns about the motive behind the gift or the person who sent it.

    The only presents royals are allowed to accept are those sent by a public body, including government bodies, trade associations, guilds, civic bodies, the armed services and charities.

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    QUEEN 'WAS FORCED TO FOLLOW PALACE RESTRICTIONS WHEN CHOOSING CHILDREN'S NAMES'

    The Queen had no freedom when choosing her children's names but instead following the Palace's protocol, it has been claimed.

    According to the List, the Queen had to follow several traditions and was therefore restricted in picking the names for her four kids.

    "Sadly, Queen Elizabeth has never had the freedom to name her children as most people have," The List reported.

    "The Queen is mother to four children – Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward and while she probably had some say in her children's names, there are a number of traditions and restrictions that likely guided her decisions.

    "Indeed, royal baby names are a pretty serious business; they have to both acknowledge history by paying respects to relatives, while also being fashionable.

    "The complexities of naming a royal baby don't stop with the first name, either, as most royal tots end up with a number of middle names, each paying homage to various relatives."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    MEGHAN & MEGHAN 'LOBBED A HUGE BOMB INTO ROYAL FAMILY' IN FIRST YEAR OF MEGXIT, SAYS ROYAL AUTHOR

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have "lobbed a huge bomb" into the Royal Family during their first year of Megxit, a royal author has claimed.

    Penny Junor said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's bombshell allegations during their Oprah interview hit "the heart of the institution," one year after they quit royal life.

    Meghan and Harry stepped down from royal duties and stopped using their HRH styles on March 31 last year.

    Ms Junor, author of Prince Harry: Brother, Soldier, Son, Husband, said: "When Harry and Meghan left a year ago people were surprised and disappointed because they were a great pair. Harry was a hugely popular royal and Meghan was a great asset to the family. A year on, I think a lot of people are really angry and think that they have betrayed their family and lobbed a huge bomb into the heart of the institution and sort of taken a swipe at the UK as well."

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    TODAY MARKS THE ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY SINCE MEGXIT

    On March 31 last year Meghan and Harry said goodbye to their life as the working members of the Royal Family.

    Below is their goodbye post from their last day – how time flies!

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    CONTINUED

    Officials later poured cold water on the claim, with Stephen Borton, who drew up the licence for the wedding, telling The Sun Meghan was "obviously confused".

    And now the Archbishop has told La Repubblica that the wedding seen by millions across the world was the real deal.

    He said: “If any of you ever talk to a priest, you expect them to keep that talk confidential. It doesn’t matter who I’m talking to.

    “I had a number of private and pastoral meetings with the Duke and Duchess before the wedding. The legal wedding was on the Saturday.

    “I signed the wedding certificate, which is a legal document, and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false. So you can make what you like about, but the legal wedding was on the Saturday. I won’t say what happened at any other meetings.”

  • Niamh Cavanagh

    PIERS SARKILY SAYS ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY SHOULD BE SACKED FOR 'DISBELIEVING MEGHAN WEDDING CLAIM'

    Piers Morgan has sarcastically called for the Archbishop of Canterbury to be sacked for "disbelieving" Meghan Markle's secret wedding claims.

    It comes after Archbishop Justin Welby confirmed Meghan and Harry weren't legally married in their back garden three days before the royal wedding.

    Former GMB host Piers insists he lost his job after refusing to apologise for "disbelieving Meghan Markle" in her bombshell Oprah interview.

    Piers waded into the row again this morning with a tongue-in-cheek broadside, tweeting: "The Archbishop of Canterbury should either apologise for disbelieving Meghan Markle’s secret wedding claims – or lose his job."

  • Patrick Joseph DUGGAN

    ROYAL FAMILY 'MESSED WITH WRONG WOMAN'

    MEGHAN Markle's Suits co-star reckons the Royal Family has “messed with the wrong woman” while demanding they “back off” from her.

    As Buckingham Palace continues its probe into bullying allegations against the Duchess of Sussex, D.B. Woodside adds: "It seems to me there are people who are setting her up to be the fall person."

    Woodside, who acted as Jeff Malone on Suits, was asked by Entertainment Tonight about racism claims raised during Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey – and Buckingham Palace's response.

    The Queen had said that "recollections may vary" and Buckingham Palace reportedly decided to bring in a third-party law firm to conduct an investigation into bullying claims made by both current and former Royal aides.

  • Patrick Joseph DUGGAN

    BROTHERS' UNITED FRONT

    PRINCE William and Harry will put on a "united front" at the unveiling of Princess Diana's memorial statue despite their reported row, it has been claimed today.

    The royal brothers are set attend the July 1 event despite reports they have barely spoken since the Sussexes' bombshelll Oprah interview.

    Harry, 36, and William, 38, have collaborated on the design of the statue, which will be unveiled at Kensington Palace.

    The unveiling on what would have been Diana's 60th birthday comes after Meghan, 39, made incendiary claims that a member of the royal family raised concerns over the colour of baby Archie's skin.

    But in The Telegraph's Royal Insight video, associate editor Camilla Tominey, said it's "unthinkable" that Harry or William would pull out of the engagement.

  • Patrick Joseph DUGGAN

    EX-MASTERMIND HOST SLAMS MEGHAN

    MEGHAN Markle has been slammed by John Humphrys for inviting Oprah Winfrey to the royal wedding after meeting just once before.

    The Mastermind host tore into the Duchess of Sussex for choosing the chat show powerhouse for her bombshell interview with Prince Harry.

    Humphrys argued the foundations for the tell-all chat were set in motion in 2018 when Oprah got an invite to Harry and Meghan's big day.

    Writing for the Daily Mail, he said: "You did manage to squeeze your old friend Oprah onto the invitation list.

    “I say 'old friend' but I believe you'd met her only once before the wedding.”

  • Patrick Joseph DUGGAN

    ARCHBISHOP CONFIRMATION

    THE Archbishop of Canterbury has confirmed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry weren't legally married in their back garden three days before the royal wedding.

    Meghan told Oprah Winfrey during their bombshell chat that she and Harry tied the knot “in our backyard” before the lavish public ceremony at Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018.

    Meghan told the US chat show queen only she, Harry and Justin Welby were there.

    Officials later poured cold water on the claim, with Stephen Borton, who drew up the licence for the wedding, telling The Sun Meghan was "obviously confused".

  • Joseph Gamp

    PRINCE WILLIAM REJECTED PRINCE HARRY’S ‘TRAPPED BY ROYALTY’ CLAIM

    Prince William doesn’t feel trapped in the Royal Family – despite his Prince Harry telling Oprah Winfrey his sibling is “stuck in the system”, it’s been reported.

    During the bombshell chat with Oprah, Prince Harry said William and Charles are “trapped” by their royal responsibilities.

    Harry said: “My father and my brother – they are trapped. They don’t get to leave and I have huge compassion for that.”

    But one of William’s pals told The Sunday Times that comment was “way off the mark”.

    “He has a path set for him and he’s completely accepting of his role. He is very much his grandmother’s grandson in that respect of duty and service,” they added.

  • Joseph Gamp

    DIANA’S ‘SPIRIT’ WILL ‘HEAL’ THE RIFT BETWEEN PRINCE WILLIAM AND PRINCE HARRY, SAYS ROYAL BIOGRAPHER

    Andrew Morton said he believes that Princess Diana’s “spirit” will hopefully “heal” the rift between Prince Harry and Prince Williams.

    Speaking on Lorraine this morning, Andrew Morton said he believes that the brothers would reconcile.

    “She’d have been very disappointed in the two boys having a rift,” Morton said.

    “Hopefully the spirit of Diana can help in some sort of reconciliation when they unveil her statue at Kensington Palace Gardens this summer.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    MEGHAN MARKLE'S SUITS CO-STAR CLAIMS ROYAL FAMILY 'MESSED WITH THE WRONG WOMAN'

    Meghan Markle’s Suits co-star claims Royal Family ‘messed with the wrong woman’ as he demands they ‘back off’

  • Joseph Gamp

    ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY SAYS HARRY AND MEGHAN WED AT WINDSOR CASTLE ON SATURDAY

     Archbishop has told La Repubblica the wedding seen by millions across the world was the real deal.

    He said: “If any of you ever talk to a priest, you expect them to keep that talk confidential. It doesn’t matter who I’m talking to.

    “I had a number of private and pastoral meetings with the Duke and Duchess before the wedding. The legal wedding was on the Saturday.

    “I signed the wedding certificate, which is a legal document, and I would have committed a serious criminal offence if I signed it knowing it was false.

    “So you can make what you like about, but the legal wedding was on the Saturday. I won’t say what happened at any other meetings.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    ARCHBISHOP OF CANTERBURY CONFIRMS HE DIDN’T MARRY MEGHAN AND HARRY THREE DAYS BEFORE ROYAL WEDDING

    The Archbishop of Canterbury has tonight confirmed Meghan Markle and Prince Harry weren't legally married in their back garden three days before their official ceremony.

    Meghan told Oprah Winfrey during their bombshell chat that she and Harry tied the knot “in our backyard” three days before the lavish public wedding at Windsor Castle on May 19 2018.

    Read more here.

  • Joseph Gamp

    MORE FROM MEGHAN'S SUITS CO STAR D.B WOODSIDE: DUCHESS IS 'MOST INCREDIBLE HUMAN BEING'

    He added: "It just seems to me, these people are really reaching for any little thing that they can reach for.

    "And all I have to say is that she's one of the most incredible human beings that I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

    "She's incredibly smart and generous and kind and lovely and thoughtful. I mean, I can go on and on and on. So I wish her nothing but the best.

    "And I just hope people over in Britain, excuse my French, leave her the f*** alone."

  • Joseph Gamp

    JOHN HUMPHRYS BLASTS MEGHAN FOR INVITING OPRAH TO WEDDING

    Meghan has been slammed by John Humphrys for inviting Oprah Winfrey to the royal wedding after meeting just once before.

    Writing for the Daily Mail, he said: "You did manage to squeeze your old friend Oprah onto the invitation list.

    “I say 'old friend' but I believe you'd met her only once before the wedding.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    NEW MEGHAN AND HARRY FILM WILL BE ABOUT 'WHAT MADE THEM LEAVE EVERYTHING BEHIND'

    Harry & Meghan: Escaping the Palace – a new Lifetime TV film – will dramatise "what really happened" to the couple.

    This will include exactly what "drove Harry and Meghan to leave everything behind in order to make a future for themselves and their son Archie".

    Read more here.

  • Joseph Gamp

    MEGHAN'S SUITS CO-STAR CLAIMS ROYAL FAMILY ‘MESSED WITH WRONG WOMAN’

    Meghan's Suits co-star D.B. Woodside – who starred in the American series as Jeff Malone – has today accused the Royal Family of "messing with the wrong woman".

    His response came after he was asked asked by Entertainment Tonight about racism claims raised during Meghan and Harry's interview with Oprah Winfrey

    D.B. said: "If they think that this kind of stuff is going to knock her off her game for very long, they picked the wrong woman to mess with.

    "She is the wrong woman to mess with. They need to back up, back off, apologise. because she's not the one."

  • Joseph Gamp

    PRINCE HARRY IS ‘TRYING TO KEEP UP’ WITH MEGHAN MARKLE, SAYS CELEB AGENT

    A celebrity agent has claimed Prince Harry is "trying to keep up" with Meghan Markle after bagging his new corporate jobs.

    The Duke of Sussex has been confirmed as the chief impact officer at BetterUp, a mental health services business worth £1.25billion.

    It comes after he bagged a role as commissioner on information disorder at the Aspen Institute, a US think tank.

    Jonathan Shalit told The Telegraph: "So for Harry to keep up with his wife, he's got to find his own name and identity and this is the start.

    "He doesn't need celebrity. When you're Royal, you're the biggest celebrity in the world. But what this does is allow Harry to have relevance."

  • Joseph Gamp

    MEGHAN MARKLE ‘PLANS TO HAVE BABY DAUGHTER BY HOME BIRTH AT HER £11M CALIFORNIA MANSION’ AFTER HOSPITAL DASH WITH ARCHIE

    MEGHAN Markle is planning a home birth at her luxury LA mansion when she and Prince Harry welcome their second child, it's reported.

    The Duchess of Sussex plans to deliver her daughter at home in the early summer, according to sources.

    Read more here.

  • Joseph Gamp

    DIANA’S ‘SPIRIT’ WILL ‘HEAL’ THE RIFT BETWEEN PRINCE WILLIAM AND PRINCE HARRY, SAYS ROYAL BIOGRAPHER

    Andrew Morton said he believes that Princess Diana’s “spirit” will hopefully “heal” the rift between Prince Harry and Prince Williams.

    Speaking on Lorraine this morning, Andrew Morton said he believes that the brothers would reconcile.

    “She’d have been very disappointed in the two boys having a rift,” Morton said.

    “Hopefully the spirit of Diana can help in some sort of reconciliation when they unveil her statue at Kensington Palace Gardens this summer.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    QUEEN MOTHER LEFT PRINCE HARRY MORE MONEY TO WILLIAMIN HER £14MILLION WILL TO PROTECT HIM

    The Queen Mother who passed away 2002 gave a larger amount of money in her will to Prince Harry then Prince William.

    As Prince William is second in line to the throne, Queen Elizabeth’s late mother wanted to protect Harry’s financial future.

    When Prince Charles becomes King, Prince William will inherit the role as Prince of Wales and there for the Duchy of Cornwall and all the private estate that entails

    Meanwhile, Prince Harry will get nothing.

    The exact amount Harry inherited remains unknown, a 2002 BBC report says the “bulk” of her £14 million estate will go to the Duke of Sussex “since William will benefit financially by becoming king.”

Source: Read Full Article