NY1 news anchor Pat Kiernan meant to say that White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany had contracted COVID-19. But on a broadcast Monday, he didn’t come close.
“Another member of Donald Trump’s inner circle testing positive for cocaine,” he said in a clip of the gaffe posted on Twitter.
The newsman quickly corrected the error on the air and later wrote that he was sorry for it on Twitter.
McEnany joins President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump and several other Trump staffers and political allies who recently caught the virus.
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.
Source: Read Full Article