Russell Watson found ‘peace’ in countryside after cancer ‘broke’ him

Russell Watson, 56, has lifted the lid on his move to his 15-acre farm in Cheshire after his ordeal following his tumour diagnosis in 2006.

The former I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! contestant explained how the move changed his life “for the better” as he now enjoys his peaceful surroundings.

He recounted: “When I first saw the house, I immediately knew I had to live there. All I could see was rolling hills, sheep and horses in the fields. It was stunning.

“My wife Louise is an equestrian, so everything seemed to fit.”

The well-loved classical singer continued: “Living here has turned into something very positive and we’re now buying and selling horses.

“Living on a farm has brought me peace and a fresh outlook on life – and, in a way, moving here has brought our family closer.

“It’s changed our life for the better,” Russell concluded in a new interview with The Mirror.

Russell also revealed how his relationship with his family changed, as his children saw him as a “broken man” during his cancer battle, and became his “protectors”.

He said: “My bond with my children was intensified. They saw me go from a 6ft lump to a broken man. So they became my protectors.

“Whenever we went out and people approached me, the kids would move in straight away and say, ‘What do you want with my dad?’”

Don’t miss…
Emma Thompson wows in red as she leads celeb arrivals at Coronation[NEWS]
Holly Willoughby issues warning after sharing homemade Coronation cake[INSIGHT]
Coronation drum horse goes rogue with viewers asking ‘can he moonwalk’[LATEST]

The opera singer previously explained that he was “lucky to survive” having two brain tumour diagnoses as he prepared to head into the I’m A Celebrity castle.

In the 2020 chat with Sky News, Russell revealed he experienced incredibly painful headaches, which he had previously described as “like a knife being pressed into the bridge of my nose”.

The tumour started to impact his vision, too. When he played tennis, he struggled to even see the ball.

It was later revealed that the tumour was around the size of two golf balls, but after receiving treatment for the tumour, he started to develop similar symptoms 12 months later.

“It was dangerous because the tumour grew very quickly,” Russell explained. “I went to bed one night and it haemorrhaged while I was asleep.

“I was lucky to survive. They literally said to me a few minutes more and I’d have been dead. If I consider my mortality, there isn’t one day when I don’t think about my life and am not incredibly grateful for the fact that I’m still here.”

Source: Read Full Article