The self-confession "competition addict" from Stoke-on-Trent has dedicated almost a decade to her hobby and won more than 500 prizes in the past six and a half years.
Michelle, 30, has entered more than 10,000 competitions since going on to maternity leave nine years ago.
The biggest prize the supermarket cashier has managed to scoop was an all inclusive holiday to Ibiza worth £3,000.
A 60 inch Curve TV, three XBoxes, seven mobile phones, Merlin attraction passes, Spice Girls tickets, a caravan holiday and designer shoes are among her other wins, as well as scoring a new oven for her parents.
"I tend to do competitions on my day off or when the children are in bed," explained Michelle, "and I spend at least two hours a day or more doing it at the weekends.
"It's become an addiction, the buzz from winning is immense and now I enter at least 150 a day if I can."
Michelle admits that she doesn't want all of the prizes that she wins.
After setting her heart on scoring Leeds United season passes, she ended up winning them for Port Vale.
She didn't let that stop her, so she sold the tickets and used the cash to buy Leeds United merchandise.
Of course, winning isn't always guaranteed and it took three months of dedication to entering competitions before Michelle scored her first prize, and even then it was 48 pots of porridge.
Michelle, who shared her successes on forum LatestFreeStuff.co.uk, puts her strategy to winning down to seeking out the competitions that not many people have entered.
She added: "I tend to change entering tactics, I don’t focus on just Facebook. I use the Internet, Twitter, local comps, radios, magazines, postal entities and Instagram too.
"I enter a lot of local competitions and I also enter via Google. I find a lot of the main competition websites have 100,000 entries but if I search and find my own often I find that less people enter them.
"Creative competitions are awesome too. Also don’t be afraid to make yourself look silly for creative competitions. If you do things to stand out – it will help.
"Make sure your phones fully charged or you've got a camera with you all the time. Creative comps like silly pictures.
"To anyone who is starting this hobby don’t stress too much if you don’t win straight away.
Michelle also uses superlucky.me, which shows the best competitions to enter.
Di Coke, fellow comper and the brains behind the website, said: "Comping is easy – but winning prizes is hard. You’ll need to have time, enthusiasm and initiative to be a winner.
Top tips for winning competitions
- Be methodical: You'll need plenty of patience and organisation, you need to dedicate quite a lot of time comping to be successful.
- Have a separate email: Make sure you have one dedicated account just for comping, you don't want span clogging up your usual account.
- Be selective: Only enter competitions where you really want the prizes or they are worth the effort of entering. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.
- Harness technology: Using form-filling apps can make competition entering much easier.
- Look for judges: Judged competitions tend to have far fewer entrants so you'll have better odds of winning.
- Be silly: Making people laugh or being original is a great way to stand out and win competitions.
- Get social: Lots of brands post competitions on Facebook and Twitter. Make sure you're following your favourites.
- Use forums: Websites like Loquax and the Prizefinder are dedicated purely to comping and can be a shortcut for finding competitions
"It takes a while to suss out which comps are worth entering, and which ones should be avoided.
"It can be very overwhelming for beginners, so my advice would be to write a list of what you’d actually love to win – and not just cars and cruises.
A MUM-of-two has won nearly £10,000 worth of prizes after spending hours scouring the internet for competitions.
Meanwhile, another thrifty mum bagged herself a FREE Christmas by winning competitions.
Another mum wins '90 percent' of the competitions she enters and has scooped amazing prizes including nights away, hotel breaks and even cash.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Money team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 78 24516. Don't forget to join the Sun Money's Facebook group for the latest bargains and money-saving advice.
Source: Read Full Article